Kitchen storage is a must. You need places to keep your food tidy and safe, especially long-lasting dry goods like flour and sugar.
But sometimes, when it comes to buying practical stuff like this, it seems like you have two options: boring and cheap, or cute andway too much money.
What can you do? You get crafty, that’s what you do!
Steep prices are nothing compared to a little creativity and elbow grease, as we saw when one blogger wanted some stylish mirrored dressers, but not the bill that came along with them. And the best part is that you can also tailor your version to suit your tastes and needs.
Here’s how to make some darling, retro-style kitchen storage jars for a fraction of the retail cost:
- Glass jars with lids
- White paint
- Colored paint (we used red and teal, but use whatever you like!)
- Foam brushes
- Chalk labels
- Chalk pen or chalk
- Paint the outside of the jars white. You may need several coats and try not to paint the threads (so the lids can screw on easily.)
- Paint the lids in colors of your choosing.
- Let everything dry.
- Write the name of whatever’s going into the jars on the chalk labels. Let dry if using a chalk pen.
- Attach labels to the jars, fill, and use!
Check out the video below to see how it’s done and to get inspired for your own kitchen and